This end user license agreement (hereafter, “this agreement”) regarding this product (hereafter, “this software”) is an agreement executed between customers (whether an individual or corporation) who purchase a legitimate copy of this software and TSS LINK, Inc. (hereafter, “TSS LINK.”) This agreement takes effect at the point when the customer installs this software on a computer. If the customer does not consent to this agreement, the software cannot be used. This software includes the software program and related documents (printed materials such as manuals etc., digital documents etc. provided online).
TSS LINK grants the following nontransferable, non-exclusive rights to the customer.
- Use of this Software
Customers can use this software under either of the following license terms which TSS LINK expressly specifies for each copy of this software.
- 「User Licenses」
The maximum number of those who can use this software is limited to the number of licenses that have been purchased.
- 「PC Licenses」
The maximum number of computers that this software can be installed and used on is limited to the number of licenses that have been purchased.
- 「User Licenses」
- Use of this Software on Servers
If this software encompasses server software, the customer can install and use one copy of the server software on one server computer.
- Use of Documents
The customer is able to copy and print the minimum number of documents needed to use this software.
- Substitutes, Modifications, and Upgraded Versions of this Software
Substitutes, modifications, and upgraded versions of the software provided by TSS LINK can be used in accordance with agreements which apply correspondingly to this agreement or agreements which succeed this agreement.
- Use of this Software
- Article 2 Restrictions
- The customer cannot copy or install this software outside of what is allowed by this agreement.
- The customer cannot analyze this software through reverse engineering etc.
- The customer cannot personally remove or alter any part of this software.
- This software cannot be used in operating environments other than those covered by TSS LINK.
- Regardless of whether for profit or free of charge, this software cannot be transferred, lent, rented, leased, traded as a second-hand product or publicly distributed to a third party; consent for its reuse cannot be given to a third party.
- This software cannot be the target of commercial gain.
- Article 3 Rescission of Agreement
TSS LINK is able to rescind this agreement if the customer violates these terms. If this occurs, the customer must immediately cease using this software.
- Article 4 Copyright
Copyright for this software belongs to TSS LINK.
- Article 5 Export Restrictions
Whether directly or indirectly, this software cannot be exported (including via the Internet) in violation of Japanese export restrictions or the laws and ordinances of foreign countries regarding import/export controls.
- Article 6 Warranty Provisions
- TSS LINK guarantees the customer that this software will operate according to specifications if it is used in the environments that TSS LINK prescribes.
- TSS LINK does not guarantee that use of this software will conform to the specific goals of the customer, or that its use will solve the customer’s particular issues.
- If this software is found to have major flaws or defects, TSS LINK will provide exchange or repair programs, or information concerning solution methods in accordance with the seriousness of the defect under the terms stipulated by TSS LINK. Warranty for the defect is limited to the scope stipulated in this paragraph.
- TSS LINK bears absolutely no responsibility for direct or indirect damages (including but not limited to forfeiture of profit, interruption to business, loss of business information, or other financial loss) to the customer or a third party resulting from the customer’s use of this software or inability to use it.
- TSS LINK bears no responsibility to the customer for problems caused by violation of this agreement, or problems concerning the use of this software arising between the customer and a third party.
- Article 7 Confidentiality
The customer cannot disclose or leak TSS LINK confidential information obtained from TSS LINK to a third party.
- Article 8 Period of Validity
This agreement is valid from the time that this agreement is established to the time that the customer ends use of this software.
- Article 9 Changes to Stipulations
TSS LINK will provide the necessary information to the customer via its website, email, post, or other method that it deems appropriate. Furthermore, TSS LINK is able to change or replace these provisions without prior notification to the customer, and the provisions following the change shall apply thereafter.
- Article 10 Jurisdiction
This agreement is based on Japanese law. In the event that a legal dispute concerning this agreement arises, the district court where the defendant resides shall be the agreed exclusive court of jurisdiction in the first instance.
- Article 11 Special Items
In the event that TSS LINK specifies supplementary provisions to this agreement, said supplementary provisions shall become part of this agreement, or shall take precedence.
- 【Supplementary Provisions regarding Use of Software】
- The stipulations in 2) “PC Licenses” in Article 1, Paragraph 1 “Use of this Software” apply to this software. However, this software cannot be used by multiple users on a single computer at the same time.
- This software can be installed regardless of the number of licenses purchased if the purpose is limited to only decrypting encrypted documents.
- In the event that customers who have not purchased a legitimate copy of this software use it for the purpose of evaluation, or the sole purpose of decrypting encrypted documents, TSS LINK consents to use of this software on the condition that it makes no guarantees regarding problems arising from its use.